Today, I wanted to share with you this great new company I’ve had the opportunity and pleasure to work with! ThredUp is an online consignment company that I’ve been hearing a lot about lately. It is the easiest way to shop and sell high-quality, secondhand clothes (many brand new with the tags still on!) They have almost every brand you can think of, including designer, with up to 90% off each item. I love to shop online, so the convenience is a bonus for me, but the prices definitely have me hooked!
I was very excited when ThredUp approached me and asked me to try them out. I spent a lot of time browsing their amazing selection of products (seriously guys, there’s a TON) and ended up purchasing a classic black skirt from J. Crew, and a super flattering shirt dress from Banana Republic, both brand new.
One of my absolute favorite facts about ThredUp -aside from the amazing deals!- is that they care about their impact on the world. By recycling clothes, ThredUp is helping to leave the planet sustainable for the next generation by saving on water, reusing items, and donating to important causes.
All of the items sold on ThredUp are triple checked for flaws to make sure you are purchasing the best quality item available, and everything is guaranteed 100% satisfaction.
Here’s some fun facts to enjoy as well!
- ThredUp actually originated as a men’s shirt swap company in Massachusetts
- They started accepting women’s handbags in 2013 and have since sold more than 300,000 of them!
- In 2015, someone sent them a children’s spaceship costume. It now hangs on display in the customer service breakroom
- By choosing to upcycle clothing rather than buying brand new, they have helped saved over 10 billion gallons of water- that’s equal to 15,784 Olympic-size swimming pools. That’s incredible, and something I definitely support!
- This year, they opened their very first store fronts in Texas and California; let’s hope they come back to Boston!
And for all of you amazing readers out there, ThredUp was generous enough to offer a promo for me to share with you! From now through March of 2018, you can use the code JCREW50 to get 50% off of any order of J Crew brand merchandise up to $50 off!
Part 2 of this post featuring the adorable dress I got from Banana Republic will be up soon!
Here are some links to get started! 🙂
As always, you can click Shop My Looks at the top of my page to see what I’m wearing!